The All on 4 dental implant procedure is an advanced technique to help those struggling with damaged or missing teeth. The state-of-the-art procedure allows a full arch of teeth to be supported by only four implants.
What’s more, the method is quick, minimally invasive and extremely successful. While All on 4 has become a popular alternative to traditional implants and dentures, it does come with a substantial cost. Fortunately, however, there are payment plans and finance options available to help manage the cost.
Check Your Suitability For The All on 4 Treatment. Take our suitability quiz and find out if you qualify for the All on 4 procedure.
As we’ve touched on, the All on 4 dental implant cost, isn’t cheap. What’s more, there is a wide disparity of available prices for the treatment. Depending on the scope and type of treatment needed., All on 4 dental implants can cost anywhere from $18,000 to $30,000 per single arch of teeth.
Spending that amount of money on dental treatment is a considerable investment, so it’s vital to ensure that you are getting the best possible treatment for your money. It can certainly be tempting to choose a dentist based on price, but understanding what goes into making up the price will help you to make a more informed decision.
Many dentists may appear on the surface to have all of the necessary qualifications to offer the All on 4 treatment. However, there are three important factors that will influence both the cost and the quality of the treatment that you will receive:
- Education – postgraduate education varies greatly for advanced dental procedures. Dentists can either take short courses or intensive postgraduate courses. The latter is an indication that they have the right theoretical and practical education to deal with a variety of implant cases.
- Materials – low-cost quotes can often be due to the use of inferior materials. You will want to ask who manufactures the implants and where they are produced. Look for reputable brand name implants and verify the reputation of the laboratory producing the crowns. At Bexley Dental, we use implants manufactured by Nobel Biocare, Biomet 3i and Astratech three of the world’s leading manufacturers of All-on-4, Zygoma, and Dental implants. These manufacturers operate worldwide and comply with Australian safety and quality regulations. If your dentist uses either of these manufacturers, you can rest assured they’re using the best.
- Experience – while a dentist may have the right education, experience also plays a huge role. An implant expert who focuses on implant procedures will be able to accurately prepare and execute a personalised treatment plan.
With All on 4 dental implant cost, it is a case of getting what you pay for. Using an experienced, highly-qualified dentist, using premium materials, is the best way to ensure your treatment is successful and long-lasting. Spending more upfront, while a significant investment, can help avoid further expense and complications later on.
Once bone integration has taken place, and the All on 4 implants have correctly fused with your jawbone, they should be a permanent solution. While still a relatively new treatment, if the treatment is carried out by a highly-experienced dentist, you can expect All on 4 dental implants to last decades, if not a lifetime. However, as with our natural teeth, this will depend on how well the implants are looked after.
Unfortunately, while the success rate and longevity of All on 4 implants are extremely high, sometimes they do fail. This can happen either immediately after surgery or many months later. The longevity of All on 4 implants depends greatly on individual patient circumstances. There are a number of factors that will influence the success rate:
If any of these factors are relevant in your case, your dentist will discuss them with you prior to treatment. Once you have had the All on 4 treatment, it’s vital that you follow your dentist’s advice on how to keep them clean and functioning properly. In theory, All on 4 implants should last a lifetime.
What Are My All on
4 Payment Plan Options?
Given the high costs associated with the All on 4 treatment, many dental practices will offer payment plans. The majority of these payment plans will be offered through a third-party provider. Some dentists may have partnerships with these providers, but they are not the only option available to you. It’s worthwhile reviewing all of the possible payment options to ensure you choose the one that best suits your needs.
The most popular payment plans for the All on 4 treatment include:
- Speciality dental loans – offered by banks, the interest rates and life of these loans can vary greatly and will be dependent on your credit history.
- Medipay – speciality dental finance with transparent pricing and an easy online application form.
- Denticare – dental finance that needs to be accessed through a dental provider. 20% is paid upfront and the remaining amount split into interest-free payment cycles.
- GemVisa – again accessed through your dentist, the service offers a range of long-term interest-free payment options.
- MacCredit – a long-serving dental loan provider. No deposit is required and you can apply directly online.
- MiFund – again, accessed through your dentist, the payment plan offers low fixed rate interest rates over the full term of its loans.
You should never feel pressured into using any particular finance plan. All on 4 is a significant investment, and you need to ensure you can afford it. Make sure you thoroughly research and understand any payment plan contract before committing to it.
The amount of time you have to pay back the All on 4 procedure will be dependent on the payment plan you have chosen. A lot of standard plans will use a six or twelve month period for repayments. The choices available will also be dependent on your personal circumstances and credit history.
However, there are options to suit everybody’s needs. There are often minimum monthly repayments, especially for interest-free plans. As we’ve discussed above, make sure you read the fine print of any payment plan. This will give you a break down of your repayments and the total repayment time available to you.
How to Access
to Fund the All on 4 Cost?
In the case that there are no other available finance options, it may be possible to access your superannuation. The Early Release Super (ERS) allows you to apply to use your superannuation based on compassionate grounds. If your dental condition is serious and causing you significant pain, then you may be able to use this to cover the cost of your All on 4 treatment.
If you want to find out if you can use your superannuation, then you’ll need to fill out an application form. Once you have filled out the application form, you will find out if you are eligible. It’s worthwhile ensuring you’ve completed all the details accurately to maximise your chances. At Bexley Dental, we partner with a company who help prepare the application and ensure that all the details are filled out correctly to maximise your chances of receiving the funding you need. While the cost of this service is around $700, we will deduct this, if you go ahead with the treatment.
While the All on 4 treatment is a significant investment, fortunately, there are payment plans available to help with the cost. Make sure you discuss the cost of treatment with your dentist and are fully informed of all your options before coming to a decision.